Sunday, November 12, 2017

Famous Last Words: Down the Rabbit Hole

This week is the beginning of the crazy. Started off the week with the realization that I forgot the bibliography for my project and my email was acting up so I didn't know about it until after the due date. So that was fun. I also have two group projects I am working on. It is funny how different two groups can be. One of my groups are really organized and I feel very prepared for the presentation. Then my other group is a little more chaotic. Though, in our defense, the project is kind of confusing and I don't feel like we are receiving a lot of guidance. I feel like it is getting hard to keep up with everything. It can be really discouraging. I am trying to just keep my head above the water. I kind of feel like I am Alice falling through the rabbit hole. I feel like I have been falling for too long. I am wondering if I will ever hit the bottom.

Speaking of Alice, I have really enjoyed reading Alice and Wonderland for my bonus reading the last couple of weeks. I watched the cartoon version as a child, and have recently enjoyed the Tim Burton version of the movies. I especially enjoy Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. It was really nice to read how the original story was written and to compare it to the movies. Although, I really would like to know how a raven is like a writing desk. Any suggestions?

Giphy


On another note, the game was awesome yesterday! I love an OU win! Especially when it gets us one step closer to getting into the playoffs! I am not sure I want to go to Pacadina though. I think I would rather go back to New Orleans. We tend to have good luck in the Sugar Bowl.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked Alice! The Looking-Glass book is great too (some other very famous characters there!) ... and Wikipedia has some suggestions about those ravens :-)
    The Hatter's Riddle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Alex!
    I know what you mean with that reference to the rabbit hole. Sometimes you are sitting there begging to hit the bottom so you know that you are on your way up. Hoping things turn around for you soon and that you can take a breather over Thanksgiving break. Also, I 100000% agree with the different dynamics that groups can have. I always seem to end up in the chaotic group which stresses me out because I don't always have time to throw something together last minute but also don't want to do the whole project and not get any more credit than those that don't lift a finger. The struggle is real!

    ReplyDelete