Thursday, August 24, 2017

Introduction to One Righteous Raft Guide

¡Hola Bromigos!

    

 … And welcome to the wildest and wettest ride of your life. Hello, my name is Alex Cullison and I’ll be your guide on this grand adventure. I will be the Marky Mark to you funky bunch over the following weeks to come, but before I go in to sharing who I am with you I want to share this quote. In the late great words of Hunter S. Thompson,
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
            This quote reasonably describes how I view life, diving head first into the vast untapped potential every day has to offer. Many of skills and hobbies are just impulse decisions leading to fun and exciting new things.  
            But before we embark on this journey together, I think you should know a little about me. So we will skip straight to the formalities first. Iv spent the last four years of blood sweat and tears here at the University of Oklahoma pursuing a degree in advertising; with hopes of one day working in the creative department of a sports advertising agency. Outside of my day job as a full time student I work for OU’s football program as a student manager through the fall semester. Each weekend I watch the game from the sidelines and traveling with the team, giving me the opportunity to explore all of the campuses and cities I otherwise wouldn’t have.
Outside of my football job in the spring and summer I am a certified white water raft guide and avid kayaker, shredding the Gnar whenever and wherever possible. I love the great outdoors and being immersed in Mother Nature; trekking, backpacking, rock climbing, fishing and any other activates I can think of. I’m a huge rugby fan and extreme sports enthusiast, but on top of all that one of my most defining traits is that I’m a huge nerd at heart. Game of Thrones, superhero comics, Star Wars are only few fo my favorite topics of expertise.
             So sit back, hang loose, keep it real, and enjoy the show my dudes and dudettes! I look forward to sharing in it with you

13 comments:

  1. You have some great sports opinions. I have always loved OU football, and fell in love with rugby after living for a few months in a town that was crazy obsessed. I also love your quote that you shared! That is definitely how I see life. I'm trying to make more of a point of living while I can and enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. messed up that YouTube link... trying again...

    Oh, a live greeting from a bear: that is adorable, Alex! I'm not sure what Hunter S. Thompson would think of the Internet, but I think he would definitely approve of a bear. And that is so true about the creative side of advertising: I hope this class can be a good creative adventure. I love ads that tell stories; do you remember the Travelers dog with the bone? I never get tired of watching that ad! And how cool that you have that football job at the beginning of this new era in OU football. As you can guess, there are a lot of people counting the days till that first game. I'm hoping for some good football stories: in the past, Bob Stoops often made appearances in Fall semester stories, so now it is time for our new coach to become a mythological figure. Maybe you can be the bard who sings the mythological songs of greatness this season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man am I glad that the randomizer brought me to your blog! By far the coolest one I have seen. Hi Alex! It's super great to meet ya. Maybe you just have great writing style, or maybe you really are that much cooler than the rest of us. Advertising seems like a perfect fit for you, and I am so glad to hear that you love your job with the football team. As a former athlete, OU athletics will always have a soft spot in my heart, and it will definitely set you up for greater. Keep rockin' this mindset that everyday is a new adventure, I'm right there with ya! This life we live is too good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alex.
    I love that you are so in touched with sports. I too love sports and extreme ones as well. I love the intensity of competition and the overall feeling of winning as well. I've never played rugby but I went to a couple games when I had some of my friends on Oklahoma's team. I also think it is super cool you work with white water rafting because my family went once and it was an absolute blast.

    Good luck with this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alex!
    You and I are almost entirely opposite. I am a quiet and tentative person. I have a great amount of respect and admiration for the way you live your life. I enjoyed your quote, and I wish that I could live that way! I do share the nerdiness at heart, however. Game of Thrones and Star Wars are some of my favorites too. I’m excited to read what you come up with this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alex!
    I really liked how you were so creative with your introduction. That is so cool that you are able to travel with the football team! You will have some great memories from College! It seems like you are pretty adventurous. I wish I was more like that. I look forward to reading your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Alex! I love your background on your blog and the bear. He is super cute. Wow. You did a great job in that first paragraph. I love the Marky Mark reference, because not many people know him as that these days. I am a nerd at heart also. I enjoy comics, video games, and reading books. I also have an energetic outgoing side too. It was exciting to read your introduction. It stood out to me more than some others that I have read and probably even my own. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex, bruh! Your blog is lit!
    I totally get a sense of who you are and how you think from this! That's totally awesome! And I love your waving bear! He's so cute!
    I love the quote you incorporate and think everyone should live their life that way. I didn't start out living like that but, ever since I started college three years ago, I've adopted this way of thinking more and more. Life is too short.
    I LOVE white water rafting (though I've only been once in Colorado) it's so intense and thrilling! Kayaking is also fun! My family and I used to kayak in Talequah Oklahoma every year! If you ever need a buddy to go with you, hit me up!
    It was so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shredding the Gnar? I have never heard of that before. The background on your page is pretty neat. It's almost sad what with the corner being so empty, though. You seem to be having a great time being a part of the Sooner Football program. It seems like a great place for you to be if you want to be in sports advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Alex! I love the way you have set your page up! I can definitely get a sense of your personality and you intro has a very specific point of view and voice, which I think can be hard to do. It's super cool that you like being outdoors so much, I wish I did more. But I am going on my first hiking trip in a week, and I'm pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Alex! First of all the background for your blog is awesome and the waving bear is even better. I think it’s cool how you get to watch the football games from the sideline and travel with the team. I’m also a huge outdoors person but have never been kayaking before. Hope to do that sometime in the near future, have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alex!
    I love that you have a GIF in your introduction. First one I've ever seen! It's so cool that you are involved in so many things, especially being the football sports manager. You must be enjoying the championship game right now from the sidelines! Well, I wish you the best of luck with finals and the 2 weeks we have left in the semester. Nice to meet you before the semester ended!

    ReplyDelete