Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Death’s final story
When I first saw the title of this storybook it sparked my interest. It seemed very mysterious and lured me in right away. When I first started reading I was immediately intrigued, the idea around the story was creative and unique. It was retelling stories through the eyes of death itself. While I looked through the stories I didn’t really recognize the original stories that inspired the new and really enjoyed the creative retelling. The overall layout of the page was also done very well. The grey tones fit the story and I enjoyed the title pictures.

Choosing Paradise
            I was a little skeptical about reading this storybook just based on the title alone but you know what they say, you can’t judge a book by its cover. This storybook is no different. I was immediately engulfed into this world of science fiction and hypnotized by the dialogue and idea of artificial intelligence. The incorporation of the story of Adam and Eve from the bible into a science fiction piece centered on the creation of an artificial intelligence system and its search for life is brilliant. The page layout was also done very well and created a nice flow for the story. I really enjoyed her use of breaks to subjugate the story.    

Camp Olympus

            Camp Olympus was a fun story with a very inviting twist that took you back to the days of ignorant adolescence. The use of diary entry to reveal stories and juicy gossip is creative and amusing, adding a really unique flair to the story. I also enjoyed the organization of the story. Even though it was all being told from a single perspective it was still based on character interactive character.  And, although not every characters have an entry, they are included in the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment